Want to learn astrology from the comfort of your own home?
Want the freedom to study anywhere?
Join our NEW Online Foundation Course
with Stevi Gaydon and Carole Taylor
All 3 Foundation Level Modules as a fully online course,
Wednesdays: 6.30 to 8.30pm (UK Time)
Induction Session on Monday 1st October: 6.30 to 7.30pm
Classes begin Wednesday 3rd October
The Foundation Course is designed for complete newcomers to astrology as well as those who wish to consolidate their previous knowledge and reading within a structured course.
The fully online course aims to provide you with:
- a foundation in the language of astrology
- the ability to interpret a birth chart with a good level of confidence
- the skills to calculate and draw up the birth chart
- an introduction to the solar system, the seasonal year, and astronomy
- the overview to the history of western astrology
- the basis to explore your own ideas about the nature of astrology
Completion of the Foundation Course gives you a solid base for more advanced study.
Modules and Dates
Module 1 - Planets Signs & Houses
October 3rd, 10th, 17th, 24th, 31st
November 7th, 14th, 21st, 28th
This module introduces three of the main building blocks of astrology – the planets, the signs, and the houses.
Module 2 - Chart Skills I
January 16th, 23rd, 30th
February 6th, 13th, 20th, 27th
March 6th, 13th, 20th
In this module we explore the four angles of the birth chart – Ascendant, Descendant, Midheaven and IC – planetary rulership, aspects, aspect patterns, the Moon's phases and the Moon's Nodes.
Module 3 - Chart Skills II
May 1st, 8th, 15th, 22nd 29th
June 5th, 12th, 19th, 26th
This module covers chart imbalances, retrograde motion and chart calculation before taking you through a step-by-step process of whole chart interpretation, from initial note-taking and identifying the main themes to integrating all into a complete interpretation.
The online classroom is very easy to join and to navigate. You can join via desktop computer or laptop (PC or Mac), or by using a tablet or smartphone (a larger screen is best). You will need a good broadband connection and also a webcam and microphone. Read Instructions for Joining a Session for more details.
- £315 for each Module when paid separately
- £885 for the Complete Foundation Course, saving you £60
Prior to enrolment, please read the Conditions for Enrolment for Online Course Students. Please note that class size is limited in order to maintain optimal interaction amongst students. Enrol soon!
Stevi Gaydon - M.A., D.F.Astrol.S.
Stevi has run an astrological practice since gaining her Diploma in 2010 and her work with clients is informed by her background in life coaching and training interpersonal skills. She holds an MA in Cultural Astronomy and Astrology from the University of Wales Trinity Saint David.
Carole Taylor – B.A., M.A., F.F.Astrol.S.
Carole is the Faculty’s Director of Studies, responsible for the syllabus and course material. She holds an MA in Myth, Cosmology and the Sacred from Canterbury Christ Church University and runs an astrological practice informed by a love of myth and her former work as a complementary therapist.
Why Study with the Faculty?
The Faculty is run by a Council comprised of Diploma holders who give their time voluntarily and are committed to it and the high standard of education it provides.
The Faculty has 70 years' experience in providing first-class astrological education, which means:
- Our syllabus, courses and materials have been developed by many experienced astrologers and are continually reviewed and updated.
- All students have access to these rich resources, including comprehensive articles and exercises on every study topic. Everyone receives a copy of their own birth chart on enrolment; handouts and copies of presentations are also given to classes students.
- You choose how you want to study each module, whether in London Classes, by Distance Learning via Email, through the Online Classes, or at Summer School.
- We have a credits-based system of qualification, so you can take a break from studying if and when you need to and resume when you are ready.
- Your tutor(s) will offer you suggestions and advice, supporting your learning throughout your studies.
- Our thorough training enables you to develop confidence in your astrology should you decide to go on to work with clients or teach astrology yourself.
- If you want to gain a qualification, the Faculty's Diploma is recognised world-wide.
See Online Classes and Foundation Course for more information. Prior to enrolment, please read the Conditions for Enrolment for Online Course Students.
Contact email@example.com if you have any questions.
Be the first to hear about Faculty news and events. Get our newsletter by email.