What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small text file that is stored on your computer by the host website. Cookies allow websites to distinguish one visitor from another, as well as remembering a user’s preferences or providing them with some functionality.
What cookies are used by astrology.org.uk/wordpress?
- Cookie: Session cookie. Cookie name: 43494c21c422a8fd1d4f3390182bd399. Purpose: This cookie allows our website to distinguish one visitor from another, and to remember choices made by users. Without this cookie, our website will not remember any choices you make from page to page. More information: This cookie is deleted when you close your web browser.
- Cookie: Google Analytics. Cookie name: _utma _utmb _utmc _utmz. Purpose: These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous manner that does not identify the visitor. More information: Click here for an overview of privacy at Google.
How to control your cookies
You can remove or block cookies at any time by changing the settings in your browser, but in some cases, this may impact your ability to use our website. To restrict or block cookies in your browser refer to its Help function to learn how to manage cookies. Most modern browsers have cookie settings that will allow you to:
- View and delete cookies on an individual basis.
- Block third party cookies.
- Block cookies from particular sites.
- Block all cookies.
- Delete all cookies.
If you block cookies completely many websites will not work properly and some functionality on these websites will not work at all. We do not recommend turning cookies off when using our websites for these reasons.